October 8, 2010

Writing the Short Short Story ~ Latest The Write Life for You Article





Becoming a Lifelong Learner of the Craft of Writing




By author, editor, educator Shonell Bacon aka ChickLitGurrl™





The Write Life for You is a series of articles on the writing craft. Since 2008, I have written articles focused on building character, developing a solid plot, and harnessing a writing style--to name a few.


For October's article, I look at writing the "short" short story. I recently helped a sisterfriend work on a short short story for a contest, and it sparked me to write this article--for others and for myself. Some of us shy away from writing short works because you still have to paint a vivid picture with characters, conflict, setting, etc., but you get a smaller canvas in which to paint that picture. In the article, I offer some advice on how to tackle the preparation of writing the short short story.


Head to APOOOBOOKS.COM to read my latest article in The Write Life for You series!

No comments: